Join Our Team
Who We Are
MindMovers Psychology is a Sydney Psychology Clinic that exclusively works to help parents, children, adolescents and families reach their full potential by providing a safe space to learn the skills and mindset to feel empowered and connected in their lives.
The MindMovers Psychology model is developed based on the needs of clients, and is continually updated to meet current best practices in psychological interventions, as well as ensuring the learning is a fun and exciting process for clients.
The MindMovers team are passionate and enthusiastic about helping youth and the benefit of using a combination of group, individual and family work to meet this goal. We value the therapeutic relationship and have a genuine desire to support our clients to achieve change in their lives.
An Exciting Opportunity
We have an exciting new opportunity to work with our supportive and dynamic team of professionals at MindMovers Psychology.
This role is a Contract position (1-2 days a week with opportunity for more days).
We are looking for another warm and dynamic Psychologist to join us now!
What We Offer
- A comfortable, modern and bright office space in Double Bay with good public transport accessibility and ample parking.
- Good office resources including wireless internet and wireless printing, stationary supplies and regular mailing.
- A growing referral network and the opportunity to benefit from our existing marketing activities and good-will.
- Excellent practice management systems including an electronic management software and full-time administration support.
- Capacity to access the practice management system from home to assist in your completion of practice management duties. Our filing and client systems are all online.
- Online capabilities and systems to support Telehealth.
- Access to our professional resources.
- Opportunity for peer supervision and individual. We are a supportive, like minded team and can help further develop your skills and experience.
- Access a diverse client base, addressing various types of child, adolescent and family challenges.
- Excellent contract arrangements and flexibility.
- Opportunities to deliver online and in person workshops and/or group therapy.
Who You Are
We are looking for psychologists or clinical psychologists with full registration with AHPRA who share our values, believe in our vision and want to collaborate within a team environment. You will provide high quality service and be responsible for contributing to, and maintaining high ethical standards within a supportive and stimulating environment.
The position offers flexibility, independence, clinical support and access to resources within a very supportive and caring work environment. You will have full administrative support from our full-time practice manager and receptionists.
The presentations that we typically see in the clinic include anxiety disorders, depression, OCD, behavioural problems, self-esteem, parent-child relationship problems, emotion regulation, and psychometric assessments, self-harm and eating disorders. We use evidence-based treatments such as CBT, positive psychology, DBT, mindfulness, ACT, schema therapy and family therapy in fun and creative ways.
- Full registration with AHPRA.
- Full registration with AHPRA or Australian Association of Social Workers and eligibility for Medicare rebates. Medicare provider number or eligibility.
- Solid training in evidence-based treatment.
- History of maintaining records of all interactions to a professional standard.
- Willingness to maintain and build relationships with various stakeholders, including GPs, psychiatrists and other allied health practitioners.
- Knowledge of theoretical and therapeutic frameworks that underpin assessment and intervention for children, adolescents and families.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with children, adolescents, families, and adults treating a range of clinical presentations.
- We require someone with a positive and approachable attitude who is reliable, independent, and a flexible team-player.
- Your own ABN/ACN.
- Professional indemnity and public liability insurance.
How To Apply
If you think you may be the right fit for our team, we’d love to hear from you!
Please send your CV with references, availability and client populations you love to work with at your earliest convenience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please address your email to our Practice Director, Jaimie Bloch.